How to Guides?..
These are simple and easy to understand guides on how to do everything associated with travel. From how to find the cheapest flights and hostels, to getting visas and clearing airport security as quickly as possible.
Finding cheap flights can be a hassle, the prices of flights change constantly and every website you visit will have a different price. Saving money on flights can also mean a lot more spending money for your trip, and there a few easy ways to save. Here are my top five tips for saving money on flights.
1. Use Budget Websites- Using budget websites and having a look around can save you loads on your flights. Don't rush into booking, as you may miss out on some great deals. But on the other hand, don't take too long, because usually, the closer it gets to your departure date, the more expensive the flights are going to get. Here are a few of the best websites to use that often give you great deals, make sure you check all of them and find the best prices, don't just check one and book straight away.
2. Check to see if the flights are cheaper in other currencies- Sometimes you can save a fair amount of money by just checking the flights in other currencies and then converting it yourself. Sometimes even up to £100. Especially with currencies values always changing and one becoming more valuable than the other. So just have a look in a few other currencies and see what the prices are like. It could end up saving you a lot of money.
3. Use Skyscanners monthly Calendar if your dates are not specific- This is one of my favourite online resources to use when booking flights. For me it's perfect as i'm usually reasonably flexible with dates. If you have rough idea of when you want to go, you can just look up the month and it will give you the cheapest days to fly throughout that month. You can then look and find the cheapest days for inward and outward bound flights and book. This saves you searching every specific date trying to find the cheapest time to fly, as it's all there for you on one screen.
4. Book well in Advance- If you know when and where you are flying somewhere. Don't put of, get it booked. You can save hundreds of pounds/dollars by booking way in advance. Flights are usually a lot cheaper around 6 months before the departure date, so have a look around for flights well in advance. Obviously this is only a choice if you have plans, but if you do perfect, why waste time and money. The longer you leave it, the more seats are going to get booked on those flights, so the more the airlines are going to charge for the remaining seats.
5. Set Flight Alerts- This is another great feature of many flight comparison websites, you can actually now set flight alerts. So if there are a few or even a specific place you want to go, you can now set alerts, so if the price to one of these countries drops below a certain price, it will inform you immediately by email. This saves you so much time searching around, and you can set an alert for a price you are happy with, as soon as they inform you it's below that level, perfect, you can go ahead and book your flight at the cheap price, without even having to look. Make sure to set reminders on a range of websites as they will all still range in price and send alerts at different times.